是 Mac 上最优秀的压缩解 之一， 最大的优势在于支持众多的压缩格式以及压缩包跨平台支持，支持压缩包内容预览、加密压缩、 等等功能，是Mac上首选的压缩解 ！
BetterZip 4 for Mac 4.0 介绍
BetterZip是Mac平台比较有名的压缩解，类似于windows平台的Winrar。最新的V2版本功能比较强大，全面支持64Bit .支持如下多种格式. ZIP, SIT, TAR, GZip, BZip2, , 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ,LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX等。
BetterZip lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting their contents.
- Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don’t have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
- Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, XZ, GZip, BZip2, , 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX, DMG, EPUB, and Winmail.dat.
- Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, XAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be split.
- Protect Your Data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
- Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
- Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac-specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with systems like Windows or Linux.
Note: Version 4. is a paid upgrade from previous versions.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later
- Integration with Other Apps
- The new Finder extension puts all your presets in the Finder’s toolbar. Select some files in Finder, click the BetterZip button and choose one of your presets from the drop-down menu to create an archive with these files. Of course, you can also invoke any of your extraction presets on selected archives.
- BetterZip 4 lets you define as many services as you like instead of the preconfigured two that prior versions offered. Use the tools menu in the preset configuration to add a service for the preset with a name of your choosing.
- BetterZip 4 also comes with Automator actions for extracting and compressing as part of a workflow.
- And BetterZip 4 interacts nicely with other apps like Alfred, LaunchBar, and DropZone.
- All this is made possible by enhanced AppleScript support.
- The Favorites Sidebar Received Some Love – In the new version you can rename, copy, move, and delete archives, open an archive in a new window or a new tab, display and treat multi-volume archives as one item. You can also choose to show all files in the sidebar instead of only archives. Also, Finder labels!
- New Drop Bar – Drop files on the new Drop Bar with drop areas for your favorite presets to instantly compress or extract them.
- Navigation Bar – Drill into folders by double-clicking them like in Finder. A folder path is displayed above the archive contents which gives you easy navigation to all parent folders and allows you to drop items directly into them.
- Keep Archives Free of Mac Stuff – When modifying an archive that currently has no Mac specific stuff (metadata, Finder settings, etc.) in it you can now keep all Mac stuff out, add Mac stuff to the archive, or be asked every time what you want to do. Set your preferred option on the General tab of the BetterZip preferences.
- Repair RAR Archives – If you install the external rar command line tool, BetterZip 4 can try to repair damaged archives when opening or extracting them. Recovery volumes are now treated like other parts of a multi-volume rar archives.
- Many More Enhancements Requested by BetterZip Users
- Instead of moving extracted archives to the trash after successful extraction, BetterZip can now move them to any folder.
- Open new formats thanks to XADArchive.framework: PDF – extract bitmap images from PDF files. SWF – extract images and music from Flash files. Both formats are, of course, not primarily archives and are treated as normal files. You can open them as archives by holding down the alt/option key while opening them. Or you can remove them from the blacklist in the preferences (on the “File Types” tab).
- Added zipx and sitx format support.
- Option to display folders above files (menu View > Sort Folders Above Files).
- You can now specify in save presets whether you want to create individual archives when compressing through the operations queue. It’s no longer a global setting. Together with the new dynamic services this opens some very cool possibilities.
- Another global option has been moved into the preset: When compressing one folder through the operations queue, don’t include the folder itself, but add only its contents in the root of the archive. Together with the option to create individual archives, you can now select a number of folders and compress them through a BetterZip service into individual archives that each don’t include the folders themselves.
- Save presets can now add comments to archives.
- Empty windows now show a drop area for files.
- The password manager can now import a list of passwords (one password per line).
- The preview sidebar can now display more file types by using Quick Look.
- Choose a preset from inside the save/open panel and its settings will be loaded.
- The previously “hidden” settings were moved into the preferences window.
- The preferences window can now be resized.
- Added xip and pkg as recognized archive filename extensions. (Not all pkg formats are supported, only xar based.)
- Notifications now include whether archive extraction, creation, and tests succeeded or failed.
- Tar based archives are now extracted faster when using the queue.
- If an archive disappears (e.g., when it is deleted or the disk it resides on is ejected), you will now get a warning with the option to close the window.